See All Captain Rodney's Recipes
Captain Rodney’s Cheese Bake
"The Top Tailgating Recipe in the South"
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- One 8 ounce pack cream cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 6 Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 8 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled) or equivalent "real" bacon bits
- 1/2 cup of any Captain Rodney’s Glaze
Mix mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onions, half the bacon and ¼ cup Captain Rodney’s Glaze in a quiche pan. Top with crackers and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Top with remaining bacon and Captain Rodney’s Pepper Glaze.
Serve with crackers.
Captain Rodney’s Creamy Temptation of Jezebel Dip
Submitted by Jacinta Smith of "The Willow Tree" in Owensboro, Kentucky.
- 1/2 cup of Captain Rodney’s Temptation of Jezebel Sauce
- 16 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of chopped green or red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons of minced onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
Blend all ingredients and serve with chips or crackers.
Captain Rodney's Sweet Tea Oven Fried Chicken Fingers
- 6 cups cornflake cereal
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 ½ lb. chicken tenders
- 2 Cups of Captain Rodney’s Sweet Tea Glaze
Preheat oven to 400°
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick vegetable oil. Place 6 cups cornflake cereal in a food processor and pulse to the consistency of breadcrumbs, 60-90 seconds. Transfer crumbs to a shallow bowl; season with 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper and 1/2 tsp. kosher salt.
Add 1 1/2 lb. chicken tenders to 2 Cups Captain Rodney’s Sweet Tea Glaze in a large bowl and toss to coat. Dip each piece of chicken in cornflake crumbs, pressing chicken into the crumbs to ensure the coating sticks well.
Arrange chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet and bake until cooked through, 12-15 minutes. Serve with Captain Rodney’s Sweet Tea Glaze on the side for dipping.
Captain Rodney's Barbeque Bloody Mary
This great riff on a classic bloody mary was inspired by the folks at Corsair Artisan Distillery and their incredible Wildfire Whiskey made with hickory smoked barley. They offer a version of this classic in their tasting room from time to time featuring some of our products and their own house made bitters and infusions which is incredible. The recipe here is an approximate version that is easy to make at home and still tastes great.
- 2 oz. Corsair Wildfire Whiskey
- 1 oz. Captain Rodney's Coffee Barbeque Sauce
- 4 oz. Bloody Mary Mix (We use Debutante Farmer brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Splash of lemon juice
- Splash of Captain Rodney's Corazon del Fuego Hot Sauce (optional)
Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake about 10 seconds and pour into a tall glass rimmed with Captain Rodney's Whiskey Barbeque Rub. Garnish with a lemon slice and sprig of rosemary.
Traditionally, a Bloody Mary is made with vodka, but Corsair's hickory smoked whiskey is a natural in this barbeque inspired cocktail that will leave your guests asking for more.
Captain Rodney's Steak & Burger Dressing
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of Captain Rodney's Steak & More All-Purpose Rub
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour to let the flavors blend or serve immediately. We don’t judge.
A dollop of this dressing on top of your burger patty or steak will bring a smooth creamy flavor with a kick. Also great as a dip.